To access the toolkit home page, click here. To visit other modules, check out the Related section below.
Youth Collaboratory gathers insight from the field around the needs of rural programs, and works with our membership to identify and develop resources specific to the issues rural communities face. It’s our goal, as always, to advance the evidence base for best practices in mentoring, and we look forward to working with rural programs throughout the country to expand resources in this area. To that end, here are some resources gathered while preparing this toolkit. The first is the initial webinar conducted by the NMRC and MENTOR last year. There is a research paper on rural and tribal mentoring, and blog posts on mentoring in rural communities.
- Mentoring in Rural Communities: Traveling the Distance to Facilitate Your Program
- Delivering Quality Mentoring Services in Rural and Tribal Settings: A Case Study of the North Dakota Tribal Rural Mentoring Partnership
- Youth-Initiated Mentoring
- Does Mentoring Work in Rural Areas?
- Building A Strong Connected Rural Mentoring Program